"In the Quiet Sky of My Heart"
If you had been mine, little brother,
I think I would have loved you
the way the sky holds the morning —
without effort,
without noise,
just completely.
Somewhere inside me
there has always been a small horizon
waiting for you.
I imagine you walking toward me
with questions in your eyes,
small storms in your chest,
words you don’t know how to say.
You would sit beside me,
close enough that our shoulders touch,
and slowly the world would loosen its grip on you.
If tears gathered,
I would not rush them away.
I would let them fall into my lap
like quiet rain,
and I would hold you
until even your silence felt understood.
You would learn
that there is a place
where you do not have to be strong.
I would listen to your complaints
as if they were sacred stories.
I would hold your worries
as if they were fragile glass.
And when you lifted your head,
you would see it that steady light in my eyes
that says,
“You are deeply loved.”
I would give you
the softer half of everything —
my patience,
my calm,
my quiet pride in you
even on ordinary days.
You would grow
inside that certainty,
inside that warmth,
inside a love
that does not measure itself.
Before you ever opened your eyes,
you were already written
into my heart.
And somewhere inside me,
with open arms beneath a gentle sky,
waiting for a brother
who lives only
in the quiet sky of her heart.❤️
---By khudse
The bond between the lil one's is different we fight a lot buy be have a soft space always there for them l.....
ReplyDeletethe essence of a loved one.. be it a sibling, a friend or a partner is so precious and you have described it so beautifully.
ReplyDelete