"Happy Women's Day"

 

I wanted to write on Women’s Day that day,but I didn’t.Still, it’s never too late to say what you feel.Earlier, Women’s Day meant nothing to me.I thought it was just for mothers and aunties,not for girls like me.

Back then, I didn’t really understand its meaning.I was young, living in my own little world.But growing up changes how you see things.Today I notice the women around me more.

The strongest women in my life Achama, Ammama,Amma every women i know,women who survived so much yet continue to live with strength and dignity.


I have seen many realities of women’s lives.Relationships that continue only for the children.Harsh words, silence, and sometimes even violence.These things stay with you and slowly shape who you become.


Maybe that is why today I want to be strong.Strong enough to stand on my own feet.Strong enough to explore life freely.I value my self-respect, and disrespect is never something I can accept.


Being a woman is not always easy.Sometimes you have to fight for your space.You have to face harsh realities and still keep standing.

But women are not just one story.

There are many kinds of women.Some are kind and strong.Some make mistakes.Some choose paths others don’t understand.

Yes, there are women who cheat too.But sometimes people search for love because they feel something missing somewhere else.

Life is not always black or white.

There are also girls who get married early because their parents or relatives decide it is time.

And there are women who love deeply and stay loyal to that love,who raise their children on their own,who carry the whole responsibility of their family on their shoulders.

Women who work quietly every day, struggle again and again,rarely thinking about their own happiness,who simply keep giving their time, care, and love without expecting anything in return.And whenever I see women living freely,it makes me happy.

Seeing an auntie riding her scooter,a woman confidently going somewhere on her own,even if I don’t know her,it feels personal to me.


And somewhere inside me, I know this:I will inform,but I don’t want to live my life asking permission.


I want to fly.I want to live with freedom and self-respect.


Women are protectors too.I have seen them protect their children fiercely whether the child is human or even an animal.


Women are strong, complicated, imperfect, and powerful all at the same time.


And maybe that’s the truth about us.We are not just one story.We are many stories, many struggles, many strengths.


So this is my reflection on Women’s Day for every woman who keeps going,who keeps giving,who keeps standing strong even when the world doesn’t notice.


Today, and every day,

I celebrate women. 🌸

                                 

                                    - by khudse

Comments

  1. Everyday is our day- happy Womens day... we are bby womens- Lol~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"In the Quiet Sky of My Heart"

"9/245— Groww IIF Day"(Mumbai)

"18/245 —Small Day"