"The Poetry of Becoming"

 This convocation

is not just a robe upon my shoulders

or a degree resting gently in my hands 

it is the poetry of survival,

stitched together with prayers,sacrifices, silence, and hope.


It is every sleepless night

that whispered, keep going.

Every tear that fell quietly

only to water the roots of becoming.

Every broken moment

that still chose to bloom.


Before all else,

I lift my gratitude to God

the silent light beside me

when my world felt heavy with darkness.


When my footsteps trembled,

He became the ground beneath me.

When my heart grew tired,

He carried the weight I could not hold alone.

And today, this moment blooms in my hands

only because His grace never left mine.


To my parents

you loved me in the language of sacrifice.

My Achan carried storms in his heart

yet never allowed them to reach my dreams.

Even when life stood against him,

he stood for me.


And my parents,through every hardship 

that knocked upon our door,

still placed education in my hands like it was the most precious gift they could offer the world.

Your sacrifices were invisible to many,but they 

became the wings beneath my future.


To my brother

you became the quiet strength behind my journey.

From junior college to this very degree,

you stood beside me like an unshaken tree in a storm.

You carried responsibilities without complaint,

and wrapped my struggles with your support.


You were never just a brother 

you were reassurance,

you were safety,

you were the voice that reminded me

I would never walk alone.


To my childrens

A single look at you was enough

to bring a smile to my face

and peace to my heart.


There was a season

when my life stood still.


Two years passed in silence and distance,

far away from classrooms,

far away from certainty,

far away from the version of me that once dreamed freely.

I wondered if life had forgotten me.

I wondered if my story had ended too soon.


But even paused dreams

still carry a heartbeat.


So I returned.

Slowly.

Fearfully.

Bravely.


And today, standing beneath this sky of achievement,

I whisper to the girl I once was —


We made it.


This journey carries the fingerprints

of countless souls.

Some held my pain softly.

Some became light during dark days.

Some taught me lessons through love,

others through loss.


Knowingly or unknowingly,

so many hearts became part of this becoming.

And for each one of them,

I carry gratitude like a prayer within me.


But somewhere along this journey,

something greater happened —


I found myself.


Not the old version shaped by fear,

but the soul rebuilt after storms.


I became my own shelter

during nights of breaking.

I became my own hope

when everything felt uncertain.

I held my own heart together

and taught it how to keep beating through pain.


And today,

more than proud of this degree,

I am proud of the person standing behind it.


I love the child I once was.

I love the wounded version that survived.

I love the soul that kept rising

again and again

despite everything.


This convocation is not merely the ending of an academic journey.

It is the celebration of becoming.

Of surviving.

Of transforming pain into strength

and dreams into reality.


And to every prayer,

every sacrifice,

every hand that held me,

every wound that shaped me,

every blessing that found me.


thank you

for becoming part of my story.


-by khudse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"In the Quiet Sky of My Heart"

"9/245— Groww IIF Day"(Mumbai)

"18/245 —Small Day"