"59/245—To Mumbai,Someday"
Hello namaste
Honestly,Sunday was just one of those slow days.
I simply spent the day with myself.Scrolling through my phone,sitting quietly,letting my thoughts wander wherever they wanted to.No plans,no rush just me,my thoughts,and a peaceful day.
Sometimes,that's enough.
Not every day has to be eventful.Some days are meant to slow us down.
And while I was sitting with my thoughts today,I remembered something that has stayed with me since 26th April 2026.
On 26th April 2026,while I was returning home from Mumbai,I was quietly looking outside the cab window when this thought came to me.
I realised something that day.
These days,whenever I come to Mumbai,I don't really come for Mumbai anymore.
I come because someone is waiting.Family,friends,or some plan that was already made.One meeting leads to another,one plan connects to the next,and before I even realise it,it's already time to leave again.
And somewhere in between all of that... I forget to meet the city that once felt like home.
There was a time when Mumbai and I had our own little conversations.
I loved travelling alone.Catching a local train, changing buses,walking without any destination, standing by the sea for no reason,watching strangers, watching the city breathe.None of it had a purpose, yet all of it made me feel alive.
I wasn't trying to "see Mumbai."
I was simply living it.
Now,every visit feels scheduled.
I meet everyone... but I don't get to meet Mumbai.
That thought stayed with me all the way home.
Maybe what I'm missing isn't just a city.
Maybe I'm missing the comfort I used to feel there. The feeling of stepping out without overthinking, travelling on my own,figuring things out,and simply enjoying wherever the day took me.Mumbai never felt unfamiliar to me it always felt like a place where I belonged.
And I think that's what I'm really longing for.
So I made myself a small promise🤞🧿.
One day,I'll come with no itinerary.
No meetings.
No rushing.
No "I have to be somewhere."
I'll come just to spend a day with Mumbai.
I'll walk the roads that made me who I am.
I'll take a local train without caring where I get off.
I'll sit by the sea until sunset.
I'll let the city's noise become silence inside me again.
Because some places aren't just places.
They quietly become a part of who we are.
And maybe...
I don't miss Mumbai because it's a city.
I miss it because a part of me still feels at home there.
So until the day we meet again...
I'll keep carrying that feeling with me.
See you someday,Mumbai.💗
tata-bye Rab Rahka...
-pyaar sahiba🌻

Mumbai misses u too <3
ReplyDelete🥺🥺
DeleteYes.. Mum is Waiting for you..
ReplyDelete🥺🥺
Delete