"67/245—A Rainy,Slow & Cozy Day"
Hello namaste
Today's day began with rain.It wasn't very heavy in the morning just light showers with a slightly foggy feeling in the weather.
I don't know why,but because of the weather,I simply didn't feel like doing anything.I just wanted to chill... and that's exactly what I did.
I had my breakfast,skipped lunch,and before I knew it,it was already evening.
I took a shower and,as soon as I came out,I saw heavy rain accompanied by strong winds.I simply sat there watching it.It was so peaceful.
Then a random thought crossed my mind:"With this much wind,the electricity is definitely going to go."
And literally,the next moment... the power went out. I couldn't help but laugh at the timing😂.
A little later,I noticed water coming down the stairs. That's when I realised I had forgotten to close the terrace window.I rushed upstairs to shut it,got completely drenched in the rain,and ended up taking another shower after the one I had already taken.
Even upstairs,some rainwater had entered because I had left the window slightly open for fresh air.I cleaned everything up,changed into fresh clothes, and then simply relaxed.
I switched on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah on Amma's phone and watched it for a while.We also boiled some corn in the cooker,so I happily enjoyed that.
And yes... Achan made Unniyappam in the evening, and I definitely had quite a few.😄
Since there was still no electricity and my brothers hadn't returned from the office yet,we all simply sitting and passing time.Honestly,time flew by so quickly.
Around 11 p.m. my brothers finally reached home. That's when we came to know that a tree had fallen, which was the reason for the power cut.Everyone thought electricity would only return the next morning.
So we sat talked and had a flashlight dinner,and somehow that made the whole moment feel special in its own way.
And just after we finished eating... the lights came back!
After that,I sat for a while scrolling through my phone.Then washed the dishes,and by the time I was ready to sleep,it was already around 2 a.m.
But sleep wasn't ready for me😬.
I kept scrolling on my phone and finally fell asleep around 4 a.m😔.
So yes... today turned out to be a complete chilling day,and honestly,I needed one.
Meanwhile,Mumbai has been receiving extremely heavy rainfall.Everywhere,that's the only topic of discussion these days.
Many roads have been flooded,and I also heard about an old building in Mankhurd collapsing because of the rains.In vasai too,water entered several residential buildings.Recently,I also heard about a newly opened highway towards Pune being damaged due to the heavy rains.
The rain is definitely filling up the reservoirs,which is much needed,but at the same time,it's causing a lot of difficulties for many people.
So wherever you are,please stay safe and take care during this monsoon.🤍 tata-bye Rab Rahka...
-pyaar sahiba🌻
Unniyappam , yeh kya hota hai?
ReplyDeleteKerala sweet snack h
Deletehamlog bhi boiled corn khaate hai aaj kal bohot tasty lgta hai 💞
ReplyDelete