"75/245—Off to Mumbai"
Hello Namaste
It's Tuesday. As soon as I woke up, everything was about Kutus. Amma had already decided that we would go to Mumbai today. We started checking the trains, but mostly only express trains were showing. Usually, after the afternoon, it's difficult to get a superfast train. So I suggested that we should leave tomorrow morning instead. But Achan said we should go today itself. So Amma and I decided to leave by the 3:35 PM Saurashtra Express.
Till then, there were a few small things to finish. Amma got ready, then I went for a shower. Achan told me to have lunch before leaving, so I ate. I packed two gulab jamuns and a bottle of water in my tiffin. By then, Kiran had come to collect his tiffin, and he dropped us at the station.
As soon as we reached the station, we got really lucky. We got superfast train, and since it was running almost 8 hours late, we were able to board it immediately. We even got seats, and thankfully there wasn't much rush. We had the gulab jamuns from our tiffin, and later bought vada pav. The train stopped two or three times, probably because it wasn't getting the signal, but we finally reached Borivali around 6 PM. We got down on Platform 7, and right opposite on Platform 6, the Churchgate Fast local was already standing. We quickly got into the ladies' coach. I was a little worried because it was office rush hour, but thankfully the coach was almost empty.
At Andheri, we met Khush because our timings matched, so I had messaged her beforehand. Looking at her reminded me of our college days during exams. She has always been a little different during exam time, and now, with her RA exams, I could clearly see the same change in her again. I don't know how to explain it, but I could definitely notice it. Amma also told her that she had become so thin and weak.
After that, we took the metro together. Khush got down at Airport Road, while Amma and I got down at Sakinaka. I freshened up there, and then we headed straight to the hospital.
We waited for some time before I got to meet Kutus in the ICU. Seeing him like that really shook me. My eyes filled with tears, but I somehow controlled myself because he was already crying. I talked to him for a while and told him that all of us are with him.
Meanwhile, the elders were discussing what the doctors had said about the next procedure. Since they were busy talking, I wasn't really aware of what was going on. After some time, Kitapu called and updated me on everything that had been discussed.
A little later, Nutan Akka arrived with her baby. He started crying, so I took him downstairs for a while. As soon as he saw a dog, he became quiet. He's such a cute and healthy little boy.
Later, Sathy and Thangu came. Sathy wanted to take the baby from me, but the moment she did, he started crying again and didn't want to go to her. So I took him back upstairs and handed him over to Akka.
Finally, after talking to the doctors, it was decided that Kutus would be shifted to another hospital the next morning. Bada stayed back at the hospital, while the rest of us came home.
After freshening up, I had dinner. Then Amma and I went to Bada's house because Ammayi was alone. After a long time, I was sleeping there again. Before going to bed, I spent some time on my phone and spoke to Achan. Even after sleeping I was waking in between.Amma and Ammayi talked for a while before they slept. One thing that stayed on my mind was that both of them hadn't eaten anything the whole day.
And that's how my Tuesday went. tata-bye Rab Rahka...
-pyaar sahiba🌻
🥹❤️ hope tu theek hai
ReplyDelete